Paul Beals, M.D.
Dr. Beals’ philosophy is treating the whole patient with the “Best of Both Worlds” using Conventional Medicine and Complementary/Alternative Medicine (CAM) to help the individual achieve a healthier state. His specialty is in cardiovascular disease and cancer therapies that are compatible with traditional therapies. He focuses on non-invasive, non-toxic treatments which support the patient’s immune system during the patient’s conventional chemotherapy and radiation treatment. In some cases, chelation therapy may offer an alternative to bypass surgery and can be used in conjunction with or for those who are not candidates for surgery. Patient satisfaction with these alternative therapies has been very high.
Dr. Beals is personally touched by successfully helping those patients who haven’t responded to other treatments and are looking for “last resort” options. His team approach with the patient incorporates education, self-motivation, nutrition and alternative therapies to enhance one’s health and well-being. Dr. Beals strongly believes in educating the individual on the treatment options available and appropriate to the individual’s needs and health.
Additional special interest areas focus on integrating safe, effective therapies for arthritis, neck and back pain, headaches, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and lyme disease.
I care enough to go the extra mile to get the patient better. It is important for me to get to know the whole person as well as diagnosing the disease. The personality is the mirror of what is going on inside the patient and helps to direct the course of therapy.
Degrees, Certifications and Professional Memberships:
- Board Certified in Family Practice
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN)
- MD, Temple Medical School, Philadelphia, PA
- Member of the American College of Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) – Certified Chelation Therapist
- Member of ILADS, International Lyme Associated Disease Society
- Rotating internship, Harrisburg, PA.
- Flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force
- Fonner volunteer instructor, Georgetown Medical School, introductory course on Alternative Medicine
- Frequent guest on national TV and radio talk shows discussing complementary and alternative medicine